[Meeting-announcements] No. 08/16 - 38th Meeting of CRGA - (Corrected Version of Notice)
EfiR at spc.int
Thu Sep 4 17:55:07 EDT 2008
Representatives of Governments and Administrations
3 September 2008
THIRTY-EIGHTH MEETING OF THE COMMITTEE OF
REPRESENTATIVES OF GOVERNMENTS AND ADMINISTRATIONS
1. The 38th meeting of CRGA scheduled to be held in Noumea from 13th to 16th October is only 5 weeks away and we have received very few country nominations for attendance.
2. The Ssecretariat has been advised by the local authorities in New Caledonia about new Visa requirements that will require at least 2 weeks for us to obtain Visa approvals for delegates coming to attend CRGA. We therefore urgently request your assistance in the following areas:
COMPOSITION OF DELEGATION
3. We would greatly appreciate receiving notification of the name(s) of your delegation to CRGA 38 by Friday 12th September 2008. This will assist our Travel Officer to complete the necessary administrative and Visa arrangements before travel date.
4. We would be very grateful to receive the itinerary of all delegates no later than Friday 19th September.
ACCOMMODATION IN NOUMEA
5. We would be most grateful if Governments and Administrations could return the attached accommodation form duly completed as soon as possible to the Conference/Travel Officer or advise the Secretariat by fax or e-mail of their representative's name, date of arrival, flight number and expected date of departure, as well as hotel preference at the latest by Friday 3rd October 2008. Every effort will be made to satisfy delegates' preferences but if rooms are not available at the hotel requested, the delegate will be accommodated at another hotel where rooms are available.
6. A visa to enter New Caledonia is compulsory except for citizens who hold passports from the European Union, Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand and the United States of America. Immigration officers will normally request to see return tickets upon arrival in New Caledonia.
7. Delegates from member countries that have a French Embassy must obtain their VISAs from the Embassy in their respective counties prior to their departure. These include delegates from Fiji, Papua New Guinea and Vanuatu. Please note that delegates from these countries will not be issued with Visas on arrival in Noumea so it is very important that they obtain a Visa from the French Embassy in their country before travel.
8. For delegates from the Federated States of Micronesia, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Palau, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga and Tuvalu, SPC will arrange for a visa to be issued on arrival in Noum¨¦a. We will require confirmation of the delegate¡¯s name, flight number and dates of arrival/departure at the latest by Friday 19th September. We need a clear two weeks prior to arrival to organise Visa.
9. To facilitate administrative arrangements we will also require passport details of each delegate. We would be very grateful if each delegate can send to the Conference/Travel Officer at SPC by e-mail or fax a scanned copy or photocopy of the front page of your passport as well as your itineraries. Delegates failing to make prior arrangements will experience difficulty in entering New Caledonia and may risk refusal of entry due to recent changes to immigration requirements.
10. Transit Visa for travel to Noumea is the responsibility of delegates. The SPC travel officer may be able to assist.
11. For further information on travel arrangements, please contact the SPC Conference and Travel Officer:
Ms Nicole Milot
SPC Conference and Travel Officer
Secretariat of the Pacific Community
98848 Noumea Cedex
(687) 26.01.56 (direct line)
(687) 26.38.18 (facsimile)
e-mail: nicolem at spc.int <mailto:nicolem at spc.int>
12. I look forward to your prompt response.
Dr Jimmie Rodgers
Original text: English
SECRETARIAT OF THE PACIFIC COMMUNITY
THIRTY-EIGHTH MEETING OF THE
COMMITTEE OF REPRESENTATIVES OF GOVERNMENTS AND ADMINISTRATIONS
(Noumea, New Caledonia, 13 - 16 October 2008)
To be returned as soon as possible to the Director-General, SPC, B.P. D5, 98848 NOUMEA CEDEX, New Caledonia, no later than Friday 3rd October 2008.
IMPORTANT: this form does not alone constitute an official nomination
TRAVEL: a) Arrival date in Noumea _______________ Flight no. _____________
As some days there are several planes arriving from different destinations, it would be appreciated if you could indicate your flight number.
b) Departure date from Noumea _______________ Flight no. _____________
2. ACCOMMODATION: Daily rates in Pacific Francs
I wish the SPC to reserve accommodation at: Single Double
** LE PACIFIQUE (Special rate for SPC)
Sea view (single or double) ¡õ 7 000
Garden view (single or double) ¡õ 7 000
(Breakfast @ 1500 francs CFP)
*** SURF NOVOTEL (Special rate for SPC)
Standard - (single or double with sea view) ¡õ 7 000 ¡õ 7 000
Standard (Garden view) ¡õ 7 000 ¡õ 7 000
(Breakfast @ 15000 francs CFP)
*** LE RAMADA (Special rate for SPC)
Room (single or double ¨C Corporate Room) ¡õ 8 500 (tax included)
I wish to share a room with another participant YES ¡õ
* LA PROMENADE (BEST WESTERN) (Special rate for SPC)
Junior suite (can fit 2 persons) ¡õ 8 000
Room (three-bed apartment with 2 bathrooms) ¡õ 18 500 (tax included)
(3 or 4 can share)
I wish to share a room with another participant YES ¡õ
As of 1 July 2008, the current exchange rates were:
NZ$ 1 = 59 francs CFP
A$ 1 = 74 francs CFP
US$ 1 = 77 francs CFP
but these are of course subject to fluctuations.
PLEASE INDICATE YOUR CHOICE BY CHECKING THE APPROPRIATE BOX
* Five-minute walk from SPC
** Ten-minute walk from SPC
*** Fifteen-minute walk from SPC
N.B. Current room tariffs are quoted but are subject to any increase which may occur between now and the date of the meeting.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Meeting-announcements