[PARBICA] Opportunity for recordkeeping consultancy in the Pacific
Mark.Crookston at archives.govt.nz
Tue Dec 21 20:21:30 EST 2010
Pacific Branch of International Council on Archives (PARBICA), on behalf of the Commonwealth Pacific Governance Facility
Expression of Interest for Recordkeeping Assistance for supporting Tonga Ministry of Lands
PARBICA is assisting the Commonwealth Pacific Governance Facility to find a contractor to work closely with the Tonga Land Management Division (part of the Ministry of Lands, Survey, Natural Resources and the Environment) to undertake the following activities:
1. Develop a report on workflow assessment of the current land records management and archiving systems of the Land Management Division (LMD), including the medium- to long-term requirements for land records, archiving and registration processes;
2. Implement activities identified from workflow analysis, including: Document and establish efficient and effective filing and archiving systems and processes, including document preservation;
3. Provide staff training on the improved filing and archiving systems and processes
During July 2009, the Commonwealth Secretariat funded a short term consultancy in response to a request from the Tonga MLSNRE, to conduct a scoping exercise to review the Land Division's priority needs in relation to land information management and then to determine the activities required to improve land information management and services.
This proposal is to implement Part A of the recommendations:
* land records management workflow analysis, records management, including archiving, and staff training
Land Management is a key function of MLSNRE and is considered high priority by the Ministry's CEO and major external stakeholders (land owners, land courts, local investors etc). It is consistent with the Ministry's vision for improved safety of records, public access to land information. Existing donor programmes in Tonga are not involved in improving land information management processes and systems.
* The consultation is expected to take place in late January or February 2011
* Depending on cost and availability, it will likely involve several weeks of in-country work in Tonga
What we want:
* The Commonwealth Pacific Governance Facility is looking for cost estimates for up to 4 weeks in-country work and undertake the three activities mentioned above, along with a brief biography and CV of interested consultants.
* Pacific experience preferred.
For further information on this exciting opportunity to make a real difference to recordkeeping in the Pacific, including copies of the initial scoping report and recommendations, please contact:
Pacific Regional Branch of the International Council on Archives (PARBICA)
DD 64 4 4961394
mark.crookston at archives.govt.nz<mailto:mark.crookston at archives.govt.nz>
This e-mail message and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL to the addressee(s) and may also be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED. If you are not the intended addressee, please do not use, disclose, copy or distribute the message or the information it contains. Instead, please notify me as soon as possible and delete the e-mail, including any attachments. Thank you.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the PARBICA